
Stanford in the Vale Football Club has a history rooted in the local community. It was affiliated with the Berks & Bucks Football Association in 1928, although a team photograph exists from 1907. The club has had a number of playing sites before moving to its present location bounded by the A417 Joyces Road and Cottage Road in 1962.
In the mid-1960’s the Stanford Football Club left the Swindon and District League, of which it was a founding member, and re-joined the North Berks League. The club has seen its share of ups and downs, including promotions and regulations within the league. The club also has a junior team and a ladies’ team, indicating a broader engagement with football in the village.